Feeling Unhappy in Marriage or a Relationship?
We often hear from many individuals who are are struggling and feeling unhappy in their marriage or relationship. Some after a new baby, some during pregnancy and others because of long standing and ongoing communication problems. Some people don’t understand why they are unhappy and say “just for no reason”.
So what can you do if you’re unhappy and your partner won’t go the couples therapy? We do hear from many women and men, gay and straight, who can benefit from reaching out to a therapist even if you have to go alone to work on things at home. It’s a good way to take care of yourself and explore what you can and cannot do to get to a better place.
Exploring issues causing you to feel unhappy:
- cheating, infidelity, affairs
- feeling neglected
- feeling your spouse or partner just does care about the relationship
- feeling like you don’t matter
- feeling unimportant and unappreciated
- feeling your spouse or partner is not there for you
- dealing with step-family or blended family problems
- parenting differences causing problems
- struggling with issues related to pregnancy
- having trouble adjusting to a new baby
If you’re feeling unhappy in your marriage or relationship, it may help to see how therapy can help you – with or without your partner.
Let us know how we can help at 973-902-8700.