How We Help
Couples, Families, Individuals
Couples & Families
Therapy & Counseling
Relationships & Individuals
Couples, Families, Individuals – Psychotherapy NJ
Counseling to help relationships, families and individuals
Our counseling services focus on helping with all types of relationship issues. We help married couples, domestic partners, LGBT gay couples, and couples that don’t live together, but need counseling. We also help families with parenting relationship and blended and step-family problems, Our therapists provide compassionate, professional and confidential therapy services and the office is located in Essex County in Northern NJ.
Therapy can help couples with marital and relationship struggles as well as individuals with a range of issues and concerns.
What do you need help with
New Jersey Counseling Services – Relationships, Couples, Families, Parents
- Marriage counseling for marital problems, relationship issues (including infidelity, communication problems, lack of interest in intimacy and sex, verbal and emotional abuse, fighting over kids).
- Couples counseling for all types of relationships problems (straight couples, gay and lesbian couples, inter-racial couples).
- Parenting help and family counseling issues (including how to communicate, discipline and model positive behavior for your children, step-family and blended family problems, teenager issues).
- Divorce, breaking-up, separation or ending a relationship (which causes an overwhelming amount of grief and sadness).
- Individual help for anxiety, depression, relationships, career, self esteem, grief
- Mindfulness therapy
- LGBT Gay, lesbian relationships as well as bisexual spouse issues.
Psychotherapy NJ – Essex County Counseling Services
For Individuals, Couples and Families We Provide:
- Infidelity Counseling
- Relationship Emergency and Crisis Counseling
- Communication Counseling
- Premarital and Pre-marriage Therapy
- Sex & Intimacy Issues
- Family Therapy
- Mindfulness Counseling for Anxiety, Depression, Relationships
- Family and Parenting Counseling
- Divorce Counseling
- Discernment Counseling – Stay or Leave Relationship?
Call 973-902-8700 if you have any questions. We’re here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
How do I/we know if we need counseling?
Wondering if couples, marital or individual therapy will help? There are many issues that couples and individuals are dealing with that will benefit from counseling. It may be hard to figure out whether you can resolve these problems on your own or if they need professional help.
Consider your answers to the following questions.
- Are you or your relationship suffering?
- What are your major concerns at this time?
- Are you struggling to cope with these issues or problems?
- Has nothing worked to improve the situation?
What services do you offer?
The counseling services we offer include the following:
- Individual therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Marriage Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Premarital Counseling
- LGBT Gay Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Mixed Raced and Interfaith Relationships
- Issues with Family and In-Laws
- Mindfulness Therapy for Anxiety, Depression and Relationships
How much will counseling cost?
For any type of counseling to be effective it does require a commitment of both time and finances. An important question to ask is whether or not you can afford to delay getting yourself or your relationship the help you need.
We can help to make this possible in a couple of ways.
We are able to take credit cards as well as HSA Health Savings Account or FSA cards (at times).
We can also explain how to get insurance reimbursement for out-of-network mental health services if you have those beneifts.
Do you take insurance?
Maplewood Counseling is insurance friendly.
We can often help you to use your insurance to offset the cost of therapy. Some of this depends on your particular benefits, yearly deductibles and reimbursement rates. Insurance typically does not cover any type of relationship, marriage or couples counseling since they do not view this as a mental health or medical diagnosis.
We can give you the information you need to check your benefits and find out if you can be reimbursed a percentage for our services.
Due to the cost and investment of counseling, it makes sense to call your insurance company and out if your medical benefits will cover or reimburse mental health counseling.
How long will I or we need counseling?
This is an understandable and common question. It is tough to determine how long counseling will last without knowing more about your situation.
Because we understand it does take a commitment of time and finances, we like to focus on helping couples, families and individuals in the shortest amount of time possible. However, some issues are more complicated and difficult and may require a longer treatment time.
Your counselor will remain in close communication with you to make sure your needs are being met. We want you or your relationship to feel you are making positive changes, whether you come for 4 sessions or 24 sessions!
I/we have other questions...
Please use our Contact Page to get in touch with any questions you might have.