Gay Counseling New Jersey
Same-Sex Couples, GLBT Families
LGBT & Queer Individuals
Gay Counseling New Jersey | Need LGBT Queer Couples Therapy
Here to help the LGBTQ+ community with relationship, personal, and family challenges.
LGBT couples therapy, gay marriage counseling, Queer relationships, and family counseling
Do you need a therapist experienced with LGBTQ+ counseling, same-sex relationships, gay couples as well as gay marriage counseling? Maplewood Counseling has therapists experienced with LGBTQ+ individuals, couples, relationships, parenting, and family issues.
Who we work with :
- Lesbian and gay relationship counseling
- Communication problems
- Sexual and emotional affairs
- LGBTQ+ Family conflict
- Online cheating and betrayal
- Same-sex marriage and divorce issues
- Gay and lesbian family and parenting issues
- Gay, lesbian, or bisexual spouse issues
We are experienced with and sensitive to LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) and can provide LGBT and gay-friendly therapy services.
LGBTQ Queer, Gay Couples Therapy, Lesbian Relationships
Do you need help with:
- When homophobia, internalized homophobia, coming out to family and friends.
- Feelings of isolation and the inability to share and find support for many aspects of your relationship (good and bad).
- Feeling uncomfortable being “out” or coming out to your spouse, wife, husband, mother, father, brother, sister, children, child other family or friends (or dealing with a partner who is ashamed of his or her sexuality).
Gay Family and Parenting Help
Are you struggling with family or parenting issues? Many gay and lesbian couples have biological or adopted children (or child). Family issues can be very challenging and cause many challenges for gay families and relationships. Regardless if one of you is the birth or biological parent or one or both of you are adoptive parents, there are many issues most families struggle with, such as:
- Feelings of jealousy about the attention your partner gives to the children
- Fighting about discipline or parenting issues and parenting styles
- Blended and step-family issues
- Single mom or dad households
- Inter-racial couple issues
- Overwhelmed by responsibilities and finding little time for yourself and/or your relationship
- Help with parenting issues, adolescent and teenage issues
- Support and help for you, your partner, or a child dealing with illness, mental health issues, and more
Therapy can help couples learn how to resolve conflict, improve communication and become more aware of destructive and hurtful patterns. Whether you are fighting about sex, money, children, insecurity, affairs, or jealousy, therapy may help. Counseling can also help if you are trying to end or cope with a painful relationship.
Gay in a Straight Marriage or Dealing with a Gay Spouse?
If you are a gay spouse who is trying to come to terms with your sexuality and the impact it has on your spouse, children, and extended family, the situation can be painful for everyone involved. Also extremely painful is discovering you are married to someone who is gay or lesbian and/or is involved in a gay relationship or affair. In both cases, there are many issues you have to deal with including the potential or inevitable end of your marriage and all the issues that both of you have to face as you come out or explain to your children, family members, and friends.
Regardless if you are gay in a straight relationship or a straight spouse dealing with sadness and betrayal, relationship or individual counseling can help you as you process these painful feelings and changes in your life.
Counseling can also help you prepare to talk to children, parents, or other family members about issues of sexuality and other challenges facing your family. It can also help your deal with your spouse in ways that minimize hurt and pain for everyone.
Couples counseling to help you resolve issues, communicate, deal with family issues, and much more…
Therapy for Gay Marriage and LGBT Couples in NJ
Maplewood Counseling specializes in relationship issues and is very experienced with LGBT individuals, couples, relationships, and family issues. If you need a therapist, let us know how we can help. Get in touch.