Couples Counseling NJ
Are You Looking for a Marriage or Couples Counseling NJ in Essex County?
Do you need marriage or counseling couples in NJ? Find help for the biggest relationship issues:
- problems communicating
- fighting about sex (lack of or lack of interest)
- arguments about money
- in-law, step-family and blended family problems
- An affair, infidelity, online cheating, an emotional affair
- nagging and frustration over household chores
- making your relationship more of a priority
- dealing with conflict and anger
All relationships encounter problems from time to time, but if your problems persist and you and your partner are unable to resolve issues, counseling may help you.
How Can Relationship Counseling Help You?
Relationship counseling helps couples, partners and spouses identify and understand destructive patterns so they can work on changing them. Therapy can also help coupes resolve conflict and communicate more effectively.
Often a love or romantic relationship is in trouble long before a divorce, separation or breakup enters the picture. If you really want to see if you can save and improve your relationship, seeking professional help is an important first step.
Maplewood Counseling in Essex County, New Jersey specializes in marriage counseling, couples therapy and all types of relationships.
You can get help for relationship issues, including:
- Marriage counseling and family therapy
- Pre-marital and Couples counseling
- Gay lesbian relationship problems, family and parenting Issues
- Grief and issues related to divorce, breaking up or ending a relationship
- Adolescent relationships (with parents, boyfriends, girlfriends) and Issues
- Parent, family, blended family, step-family issues
Effective relationship therapy can help couples, families, step-families, parents (and co-parents) with a variety of relationship issues.
Need a Longer Session?
Longer Intensive Sessions Upon Request (When Available)
Couples may also request double, “Intensive” sessions, which are double (90 minute) sessions. These types of sessions are helpful when a couple is going through a crisis in the relationship (infidelity, on the brink of divorce) or have more complicated, long standing problems. Others are stuck in more escalated ways of communicating (name calling, angry verbal attacks, criticism, defensiveness, silence) and an inability to speak about or resolve anything productively.
Are Intensive Sessions right for us?
Intensive appointments are helpful for couples that:
- are wondering if they can work thing out or have to separate divorce or break-up
- need help expressing how you feel and get angry and not being understood and heard
- are highly reactive to one another and are stuck
- can’t seem to connect in ways you want without getting angry
If this sounds familiar, intensive sessions may be a good way to slow things down and understand what steps are needed, especially if you’ve been dealing with long standing problems.
Intensive appointments help couples who need to:
- have more time to understand issues far more deeply than time allows in a single session
- learn ways to deal with your present situation more effectively as you try to sort through the relationship problems
- find out what will help you respond rather than react and improve communication
- understand how to listen and validate one another and start the process of healing
Longer, intensive appointments can help you take a look at the most pressing and upsetting issues in the marriage or relationship. You and your partner can have more time to devote to finding better ways to stabilize the relationship and take some necessary (and sometimes long overdue) steps.
Please feel free to get in touch and let us what you need help with.
Are You Struggling with Family and/or Parenting Issues?
Parenting and dealing with child and adolescent problems are often difficult for a variety of reasons, such as:
- How the parent deals with conflicts
- Different parenting styles that cause arguments
- Anxiety, panic attacks or depression
- Stepfamily, separation or divorce issues
If you are a parent trying to cope with feeling depressed, overwhelmed with family responsibility, therapy can help. Find better ways to cope and learn how to deal with your children, spouse, partner (or former spouse or partner when that is possible).
Maplewood Counseling has Experienced and Licensed Relationship Therapists in NJ
If you are experiencing relationship difficulties, please let us know how we can help you.
Couples Counseling NJ
Maplewood Counseling provides relationship counseling for couples who are struggling with communication problems, an affair, a crisis or other issues. Marriage counseling and couples therapy is provided to help for all types couples with relationship issues.
Relationships & Families
Get relationship help for communication problems, affairs and infidelity, deciding to stay or leave your marriage or relationship, family and parenting relationships and more. We specialize in helping couples with marital, family and relationship counseling.
Are you unhappy in your marriage? Need help with your relationship and want to come in alone to talk? Partner or spouse won't come with you? Struggling to make some decisions to deal with painful relationship, parenting, step, blended or other family problems?