Save Marriage | Can Therapy Help Save Our Marriage?
Does this sound familiar?
- We are not sure things can change to save our marriage
- I/we cannot go on the way things are going without help
- I don’t trust my spouse and we fight about it constantly
- I just found out my spouse cheated on me and I’m devastated
- We are dealing with an affair that happened awhile ago, but I can’t get over it
- We’ve tried everything and this is a last resort
- I feel so incredibly alone and my partner is just not there for me
- We are so unhappy and have been for a long time
- I don’t feel like I matter and it is so painful
- I know or suspect my spouse or partner is having an emotional or sexual affair
- I feel so angry and disappointed in my spouse most or all the time
- I love my spouse or partner, but we fight so much and I don’t know why
- I’m not sure if it’s worth saving our marriage and I feel hopeless
- My spouse says he or she will change and it never sticks
- I’m never a priority and it feels awful
I am not in love with my wife or husband anymore and not sure what to do
Can We Turn this Around? Is it possible to save our marriage?
Are you looking for ways to see if you and your partner or spouse can turn things around and save your marriage or relationship? Is this your last attempt before you call it quits?
Some couples have tried marriage counseling in the past and maybe it helped, button enough – or maybe it didn’t help at all. Many wonder if marriage counseling or family therapy is worth it. With some therapists and for some couples, it is worth it if it can hep you reconnect and find ways to improve the way you feel about one another.
If both people are really committed to the process, it may help you turn things around. We’ve seen many couples learn how to (and more importantly want to) improve how they respond emotionally to one another. Emotional responsiveness (according to a leading innovator in the field of couples therapy Dr. Sue Johnson) is one of the most important (if not the most important) aspects of creating meaningful and long lasting connections in a relationship.
If you are looking for a NJ therapist to help you with your marriage or relationship, please contact us and let us know how we can help you or call us if that’s easier for you.