Making Divorce Easier
Many therapists see a lot of angry, sad and depressed men and women going through a divorce. And what we know is a bitter, nasty divorce hurts everyone. There are no “winners”.
Does this sound familiar?
- You can’t stand the fact that your ex is going to get so much of your hard earned money.
- You feel like she or he is trying to destroy you financially.
- You are so angry and don’t know how to control the rage.
- You’re on the receiving end of a soon to be ex who has done things that are shocking and extremely upsetting.
- You’re struggling with how this nastiness and hostility is affecting your child or children.
- You think your soon to be ex views you as trying to destroy them – and you’re not.
Making divorce easier – please help make that happen
It takes both to make it happen. If you are not in a place you can forgive your ex and it is causing you to act in nasty ways, try reaching out to a therapist or other mental health professional. Get some help processing and making sense of your rage and anger. Fighting is so costly financially and emotionally. When you hurt the parent and making it harder on him or her, you inevitably hurt the child. For the sake of your family, your own mental, physical and financial health.
See what it takes to achieve making divorce easier. If you have children, you will be in each other’s lives forever. I have seen many people go through bitter, nasty divorces only to years later feel more peace after they’ve had time. I hope you can get to that peaceful place much sooner. Reach out for help – it may mean turning things around much sooner than 5 or 10 yrs down the road.