Lack of Sex and Intimacy
Not Able to Connect in Your Relationship
Many couples come to counseling because they are feeling disconnected in one way or another. It happens to both men and women – feeling confused, upset, misunderstood, alone. When this happens it will affect most couples when it comes to wanting sex. If you or your spouse or partner are not interested in sex, there are usually good reasons. Making sure desire issues are not related to medical issues first (see you doctor to rule out medical concerns), the next step is understanding what is going on to get in the way of a healthy sexual connection.
Not feeling wanted or desired can be very painful. Understanding the reasons for this is important.
Does this sound familiar?
- You constantly feel rejected when you initiate sex or intimacy
- You feel really angry and hurt when your wife or husband is not interested in sex
- You need to feel emotionally connected and want intimacy
- You’ve never been on the same page when it comes to sexual desire and libido
- You’re going through hormonal changes and are less interested in sex in general
- You struggle with erectile dysfunction ED and medical issues I’ve been ruled out by your doctor
- You’re afraid of being judged, embarrassed, disappointing you spouse and having performance issues
- You end up fighting or arguing about sex a lot
- You both feel disconnected because you cannot connect on more intimate levels
If you and your spouse or partner have been struggling with intimacy and lack of sex, it’s important to understand the underlying reasons. If you need a marriage or relationship therapist to help, feel free to contact us.
Maplewood Counseling provides relationship counseling for couples who are struggling with communication problems, an affair, a crisis or other issues. Marriage counseling and couples therapy is provided to help for all types couples with relationship issues.
Relationships & Families
Get relationship help for communication problems, affairs and infidelity, deciding to stay or leave your marriage or relationship, family and parenting relationships and more. We specialize in helping couples with marital, family and relationship counseling.
Are you unhappy in your marriage? Need help with your relationship and want to come in alone to talk? Partner or spouse won't come with you? Struggling to make some decisions to deal with painful relationship, parenting, step, blended or other family problems?