Feeling overwhelmed and not sure what to do?
Do you wake up in the morning and have trouble facing the day? Do you go to bed at night feeling exhausted and depressed? Is it hard to find the time to get everything done at home and/or work? Feeling like you’re a disappointment to your family or employer? You are not alone.
Feeling overwhelmed at work? Does this sound familiar?
- I feel overworked and unappreciated
- I have a difficult and demanding boss
- My coworkers stress me out
- I have trouble getting along with my boss or coworkers
- I feel trapped and stuck
Feeling overwhelmed at home? Does this sound familiar?
- I have no time for myself
- My job at home is thankless and demanding
- I can’t keep up with the kids activities and taking care of everything else
- My spouse or partner is not supportive and does not understand what I go through
- I have no life other than taking care of others and household responsibilities
- I feel isolated, alone and depressed
Feeling overwhelmed at school or college? Does this sound familiar?
- I am so stressed about grades
- I am feeling anxious and/or depressed
- I don’t know what to do about how overwhelmed I feel
- I feel alone
- I am stressed about a relationship
If you’re struggling and feeling overwhelmed, talking to a professional may help you. If you’re a student, talking to a school counselor or college counseling service may be very helpful. Many people feel talking to a therapist, other mental health professional or joining a support or therapy group is helpful. Feeling more connected, heard, supported and validated can help you process what you are going through.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, take that important step and reach out for help.