Help with a Difficult Time When Things are Painful
We all go through periods in our lives that can be painful and difficult.
Does this sound familiar?
- You are going through treatment for cancer or another serious medical illness
- You are grieving the deathof a loved one and having a very hard time coping with the loss
- You are going through a painful and/or bitter divorce.
- You teenager or adult child is really struggling and you are not sure how to help them
- You are very unhappy in your marriage or relationship
- You’ve been struggling with depression or anxiety
- You’re coping with substance abuse of a spouse, partner, child or parent or other family member addicted to alcohol or drugs
- You or a loved one is dealing with serious mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar or schizophrenia
- You are struggling with fear over finances, health issues, issues related to aging and feel alone
Compassion and Help with a Difficult Time
We all have or will have to face some really painful challenges at one time or another in our lives. Many of us (therapists included) that have experienced a great deal of suffering can understand how hard it is to really get through.
Compassion and understanding can connect us all during these times. Knowing we are not alone in our suffering – that many others out there are experiencing deep suffering, can be healing.
Finding that connection and support from others going through that shared experience can help you get through difficult times. Also finding help via therapy, friends and family, support or therapy groups, meditation, and/or faith can help you get through difficult times.
Compassion and Support
Hoping you can connect with the shared experience and find support out there to help you. We all need to help one another through difficult times.