You or Your Partner Denying An Affair?
Is denying an affair causing causing pain and mistrust? Does this sounds familiar?
- Are you lying repeatedly when your partner or spouse questions you?
- Are you gaslighting your spouse ( “ you’re crazy, nothings going on. It’s all in your head” )?
- Is it making you feel lousy about lying and hurting your partner?
- Is it hard to let go of something that feels good?
- Are you worried what will happen when you and the affair ( Will the person act out and contact your partner or spouse? )
- Do you need help ending the affair and the fear of being honest with your partner?
- Do you worry about losing your relationship or marriage?
There are so many problems that arise from an affair. Living a double life and secretly texting, calling and meeting the person you’re having an affair with – and lying about it causes damage on many levels. There are some men and women that want to stop the affair and don’t know how. There are others that know that they’ll feel loss when they give up whatever the affair is making them feel ( not wanting to let go of the attention or feeling special or maybe you fear what will happen when you do come clean).
On the other hand, maybe your spouse or partner finally came forward with “proof” after denying an affair and there’s no disputing it. What do you do then?
It depends. According to sex therapist and infidelity specialist Esther Perel, there are three main reasons people seek out affairs
- it’s a wake up call to a relationship that has been disconnected and needs some changes here
- The relationship has been so bad and unhappy for so long that an affair can be the last straw for a relationship that’s already “dying on the vine “
- Sometimes it doesn’t have anything to do with the relationship and it’s more of personal Journey Or something meaningful about the relationship.
Are you feeling insecure and sense your husband or wife is involved with a coworker or someone else? Do you have a strong gut feeling and know that your partner or spouse is doing something inappropriate. Do you feel betrayed and confused? Are they very protective about their phone or email? Do you need help with what to do about this situation for yourself?
Or are you a wife or husband that is stuck and feeling trapped in a bad situation regarding an emotional or physical affair. Do you fear that being honest about the infidelity will end your marriage or relationship? Do you want it to end?
If you are denying an affair ( or feel your spouse is denying the affair ) and need help sorting through feelings and steps to take, get in touch
Trying to End An Affiar?