Coping skills can help us all at certain times in our lives. Whether you’re dealing with depression, stress or anxiety, these skills can help you in develop helpful ways of coping with day to day challenges.
Improve Your Coping Skills
Helpful Coping Skills
- Take care of yourself. Exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and get plenty of sleep.
- Learn ways to relax and manage your stress. Activities such as deep breathing exercises, yoga, listening to music and meditation to name a few.
- Time to Yourself: It is important to set aside time everyday to allow yourself to relax and escape the stress of life.
- Simplify your life. Make sure your expectations are realistic and avoid too many commitments when you are feeling depressed.
- Stay Connected. Don’t Isolate. Make sure you stay connected socially and with family and friends.
- Join a support group. Talking to people going through similar experiences can be helpful. You can find local and online support groups for depression.
- Writing/journaling. Journaling can be very helpful – it allows you can express a wide range of thoughts and emotions.
- Plan your day. You may find it helpful to organize and plan out your day.
We hope you find this information helpful.
Maplewood Counseling provides relationship counseling for couples who are trying to improve their relationship. Our office in located in Essex County in Northern New Jersey. Services we provide: marriage counseling, or couples therapy for all types of relationship issues.
Anxiety, Depression, Grief
Get help for depression, anxiety, grief, or low self esteem. Therapy can help if you are going through a difficult time such as coping with a divorce or break-up. A good therapist can help you improve the way you feel, get through a difficult time and make positive changes.
Coping With a Life Crisis
Do you need help getting through a painful time in your life? Are you dealing with an affair or infidelity? Trying to survive a lonely, painful time? Is your child struggling? Are you or a loved one coping with serious health issues? Trying to deal with and help aging parents?