Coping skills can help us all at certain times in our lives. Whether you’re dealing with depression, stress or anxiety, these skills can help you in develop helpful ways of coping with day to day challenges.
Improve Your Coping Skills
Helpful Coping Skills
- Take care of yourself. Exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and get plenty of sleep.
- Learn ways to relax and manage your stress. Activities such as deep breathing exercises, yoga, listening to music and meditation to name a few.
- Time to Yourself: It is important to set aside time everyday to allow yourself to relax and escape the stress of life.
- Simplify your life. Make sure your expectations are realistic and avoid too many commitments when you are feeling depressed.
- Stay Connected. Don’t Isolate. Make sure you stay connected socially and with family and friends.
- Join a support group. Talking to people going through similar experiences can be helpful. You can find local and online support groups for depression.
- Writing/journaling. Journaling can be very helpful – it allows you can express a wide range of thoughts and emotions.
- Plan your day. You may find it helpful to organize and plan out your day.
We hope you find this information helpful.