Find Counseling to Improve Communication
Need help with communication?
Does this found familiar
- Not able to communicate and resolve issues effectively
- Not able to listen without being defensive and interrupting
- Not able to understand or feel understood
- Put up a wall and check out to avoid conflict?
Couples often fight about the following – not feeling like a priority, money, sex, household chores, in-laws, as well as other issues. Getting to what is underneath is important. Underneath the feelings most men and women feel during a fight are one – if not all of these …
- I don’t feel important – I feel like I don’t matter
- I feel like you’re not there for me (mote emotionally than in other ways)
- I feel like I can’t count on you/trust you
Understanding (with help) what is really getting triggered – slowing it down…is a good way of starting the process. Then getting better at communicating it in a way the other person can respond rather than react, With help you can move away form verbal attacks when you feel hurt and getting better at listening and validating rather than being defensive are part of the skills all couples can work on.
You can improve communication if you are both open and committed to learn the skills to repair and resolve conflicts.
Feel free to call us if you need help with communication.