In a Sexless Marriage?
In a Sexless Marriage or Relationship?
Are you in a sexless marriage? Does your husband, wife or partner never seem to be interested in sex? Have you gone for months (or years) without sex? Have you been trying to accept the lack of intimacy (and rejection), but feel you can no longer bear it.
If your marriage lacks intimacy and sex, your relationship is at risk. A couple is clearly vulnerable to the crisis of an affair, divorce or a break-up. Most couples struggle with sexual desire issues for a number of reasons.
In a sexless marriage or relationship?
- Here are some common reasons for lack of sex in a marriage or relationship:
- You feel overwhelmed by responsibilities at work and home and have no energy left
- You don’t feel understood in a way that makes you feel safe
- You are angry at your spouse and have a wall up
- You feel alone and not emotionally connected
- You get angry when your spouse or partner rejects you and you react making things worse
- You no longer feel attracted to your spouse or partner
- Watching pornography can change the way you feel about sex with your partner
- Sex is boring, you’re partner is selfish and it is not satisfying
- You need to feel the emotional connection before you can want to have sex
- You need sex to feel the connection
- You may have ED erectile dysfunction and struggle with performance problems
- You may have hormone or other medical problems
- You had a hysterectomy and your libido has changed
- Sex has become painful and peri-menopause or menopause
- It’s never the right time
- You feel like you’re being used for sex and your partner or spouse really doesn’t care about you
There are so many reasons that couples struggle with sex and intimacy. It can be extremely difficult when the needs of each partner are not met or fully understood. Anger, disappointment and frustration can create even more distance and make it even harder to connect leading to less intimacy and sex.
If you are living in a sexless marriage, see how marriage counseling for couples therapy can help you create more intimacy. It would take both people are willing to discuss this in a different way.
If you are in New Jersey and you want to discuss the lack of connection in your relationship, get in touch and let us know how we can help.