Not Getting What You Want
Not Getting What You Want, Getting What You Don’t Want
There are so many things that can really make us struggle. Not getting what we want or expect or getting what we don’t want, can really cause a great deal of suffering and pain.
- I had more money
- I had a better marriage or relationship
- I had a better body or physical appearance
- My child would be a better student or do what I say
- I was not alone and in a relationship
- I was more successful
- I had a better job or career
- Had a bigger, better house
- My spouse, son or daughter did not disappoint me
Getting What You Don’t Want
- Cancer or another serious illness
- an ill spouse, child or parent
- tragic death of a loved one
- divorce or a failed marriage
- a partner or spouse that is not there for you
- loss of your home or job
- a high level of anger, resentment and bitterness
- financial insecurity and worries
If you or a family member are looking for ways to deal with not getting what you want or the opposite, there are several resources to help with these difficult thoughts and emotions. Being open and flexible to various resources (books, support groups and therapy) can be a great help.
Some of our other blog articles have resources and books that may be of interest as well. We hope you find this information helpful in your search for making more peace with your present reality.
If you need counseling to help accept circumstances and deal with emotional pain, get in touch.
Maplewood Counseling provides relationship counseling for couples who are struggling with communication problems, an affair, a crisis or other issues. In addition, marriage counseling and couples therapy is provided to help for all types couples with relationship issues.
Relationships & Families
Get relationship help for communication problems, affairs and infidelity, deciding to stay or leave your marriage or relationship, family and parenting relationships and more. Also, we specialize in helping couples with marital, family and relationship counseling.
Are you unhappy in your marriage? Need help with your relationship and want to come in alone to talk? Partner or spouse won’t come with you? Struggling to make some decisions to deal with painful relationship, parenting, step, blended or other family problems?