Cost of Sessions
Our fee is $160 per 45 minute individual, couples or family psychotherapy session. We can arrange 1 hour sessions, in some instances, for $200.
Does My Insurance Cover Psychotherapy Sessions?
Your actual cost will depend on whether you have insurance and what it covers. If you have insurance, each policy varies and some people can choose their own therapist and others can only see an in-network provider. You can call your member services and ask about your coverage.You may only be responsible for a copay (in-network) or a coinsurance (out-of-network).
We can explain if it would help or see below for more information.
Asking about both types of coverage (if you have coverage for in and out-of-network providers, you will have more options than just in-network coverage):
1. Do I have in-network coverage for individual and family psychotherapy sessions? If so, what is my co-pay for each appointment and do I have a deductible (if they say yes ask what it is and ask them to explain how it works – we can also explain as well if that helps).
2. Do I have out-of-network coverage for individual and family psychotherapy sessions? If so, what is my co-insurance for each appointment and do I have a deductible (if they say yes ask what it is and ask them to explain how it works – we can also explain as well if that helps).
We are accepted by most insurance companies as out-of-network providers ( if you have can choose your own doctor or therapist, such as with a PPO or POS policy). So, for example, if the fee is $160 and your insurance benefits for an out-of-network therapist reimburses you 80% out-of-network, the actual cost to you for individual or family psychotherapy sessions – may only be $32. This can be confusing and we can explain if it would help.
We are also in-network with a few insurance companies and in this case you may only be responsible for the copay.
Whether you use your out-of-network or in-network benefits, you may have to meet a deductible first (if you have one). You can check with your insurance and please let us know if you need help understanding how it works. We’d be glad to help.
(If you are unsure of your plan benefit for individual or family psychotherapy, annual dedcutible, etc…please call the member services phone number on the back of your insurance card to ask for your specific benefits).
Here are questions to ask
- Do I have out-of-network (PPO or POS) coverage for individual or family psychotherapy?
- Do I need authorization or pre-certification? If so, you can ask the insurance representative to pre-certify you immediately.
- How many therapy sessions does my insurance allow per year?
- Do I have an annual deductible? If so, you must pay this amount out-of-pocket prior to reimbursement.
- What is my copay (if you have Aetna or what percent of each session do you reimburse? (the average is 70%).
If you have any questions regarding fees, insurance, etc… We will be glad to help explain fees to make the process easier.
- if you have insurance coverage – note: your insurance may cover sessions in and out of network benefits
- paying out of pocket if you don’t have or don’t want to use insurance
- what your insurance will reimburse you if you can choose your own provider and have out-of-network benefits. Each policy is different, but many plans such as Cigna, United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield BCBS allow people to choose their own therapist and sometimes will reimburse 80% of the cost of your sessions
If you have health insurance, your out-of-pocket (actual) cost may be much less depending on your insurance coverage (learn more below).
We can also reduce the fee in certain situations.
We are accepted by all insurance companies as out-of-network providers if you can choose your own therapist ( for example, POS or PPO plans with Oxford, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, United Healthcare, etc…) and some companies as in in-network providers. So either way you may have coverage. Many people who come to us get have out-of-network benefits and reimburse them up to 80% per session. Please contact your insurance company to find out what your coverage is for individual or family psychotherapy sessions – here are specific questions to ask them below.
If you have out-of-network benefits, you pay the provider for the session in full and your provider will give you a claim statement to submit to your insurance company and they will reimburse you directly depending on your benefits.
Have MEDICAID insurance? Click here.
Finding out what your insurance covers for individual or family psychotherapy sessions
More on Session Fees
- Sliding Scale: Yes – in certain circumstance we can reduce the fee
- Accepts Debit and Credit Cards: Yes
- MEDICAID Coverage - NO We regret we are NOT able to accept any form of MEDICAID Coverage. Please call the member services phone number listed on your medicaid card to help you locate therapists that accept your insurance plan.
Have Medicaid Insurance?
We are NOT MEDICAID Providers. Please call your Medicaid member services for help finding a therapist that accept your insurance or you may find these resources helpful:
- Mental Health Association of Essex County, Inc. , Montclair 973-509-9777
- Family Connections 973-675-3817
- YCS in Newark 973-482-8411
- UMDNJ 973-972-4300
We regret we cannot provide free therapy but you may be able to find a lower or reduced fee at the above resources.
Accepted Insurance Plans:
- We are accepted by all insurance as Out-of-Network Providers (if you can choose your own provider) for Cigna, United Healthcare, Oxford, Blue Cross/Blue Shield , and much more.
**Please verify your health insurance coverage, annual deductible (if you have one) when you arrange your first visit. If you have no insurance or cannot use your plan for sessions please discuss that with us.
More Details, Explanations and Examples
We are in network with some insurance plans and if that is thes case you will **only be responsible for your co-pay each session. **You also you have to meet your annual deductible (if you an annual deductible, you have to meet that first. For example, if you have a $500 annual deductible you must spend $500 out of pocket before your insurance will cover any part of your session).
If you do not have Aetna, but have insurance such as Cigna, Horizon BCBS, United Health Care or BCBSNJ or plans managed by Multiplan that allow you to choose your own provider (out-of-network benefits such as PPO or POS) your insurance may reimburse you for part of the cost of sessions. For example if your insurance covers 80% of psychotherapy sessions you will pay for the session (i.e. $160) and we will give you a claim form to submit to your insurance and they will reimburse you (in the amount if $128 in this example) directly. The cost to you in this example $32 per session after reimbursement.
If you an annual deductible, you have to meet that first. For example, if you have a $500 annual deductible you must spend $500 out of pocket before your insurance reimburses you.
** A sliding fee is available in certain circumstances
How do I find out exactly what the insurance will or won’t cover?
The best way to find out what your insurance will cover and reimburse is to call your insurance company member services toll number listed on your card. We recommend asking what your benefits are for in-neotwork or out-of-network coverage for psychotherapy sessions for individual or family counseling. You also may have to meet any yearly deductible before any reimbursement so ask if you have a annual deductible. If you have a deductible to meet we will still submit claims in-network or give you a claim form (if you have other insurance) to submit so they can apply it toward your deductible.
Is it possible to lower the cost of sessions?
A reduced fee is available in certain situations.
Is payment due at each session?
Yes. Due to the high cost of billing the payment is due at each appointment.
What form of payment can be used?
We do accept credit cards, checks, and cash at the time of each session ( we can bill your credit card or debit card. There is a 4% fee added to cover credit card processing fees).
Again if we can help and answer any questions just give us a call at 973-902-8700.